Wolvic 1.0.1 Released
In the wake of the release of Wolvic 1.0, we quickly started tackling several issues that affected some of our users. Some of the errors were particularly annoying since they caused features like Firefox account synchronization to break, or even worse, prevent Wolvic from running altogether. The following are addressed in v1.0.1:
- Fixed Firefox Accounts synchronization: Unexpected changes on the server side broke the authentication with Mozilla servers a few days ago. It should work fine now.
- Fixed a crash at startup: This was a longstanding issue, going back to the days of Firefox Reality, caused by a module from
mozilla-components. Added mitigation measures to prevent the crash.
- Fixed a crash when closing the last tab: This was a recent regression caused by the work on automatic desktop mode in streaming sites.
- Fixed translations: The Weblate tool we use for translations removed some
CDATAkeywords from translations.
- Write permissions on external storage: Some platforms require write permissions in order to take screenshots or screencasts. This should be possible from now on.
If you’ve found a new problem or other issue, please let us know on GitHub.